Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tlusty Czwartek (Fat Thursday)

Today is a special day in Poland and now a special day to me. It's a day where Polish doughnuts (pączki) go for cheap and everyone eats... A LOT! 

Traditionally "Fat Thursday" is a Catholic feast marking the last Thursday before Lent. Easter is the next time to eat after this long period of fasting. Basically it's a day dedicated to eating and especially PACZKI!! (Polish doughnuts) 

It's also a special day for me because I arrived in Poland on "Fat Thursday"! I remember getting to the Old Town Square and Sister Tracy Allen buying me my very first (OF MANY) delicious Polish doughnuts.

Here is a picture of what Pączki look like:


So here is the awesome part of the story! I was telling Dallin about this day earlier in the week and when he came home from school he surprised me with some! I had totally forgotten that it was even Fat Thursday! He is the best!!



1 comment:

  1. That's amazing to find pączki in the U.S.! Michal Trenerowski posted he found some at Wal-mart…in Utah! Who would have ever guessed!

    Happy days in small ways! p.s. You two look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete