Monday, October 28, 2013

FB Update: 10/28/13


Dallin's FB Update from 10/28/13.

Getting Back on the Horse

Update from Dallin:



We helped the family move cattle off the mountains for the winter in New Mexico this past weekend. Its always a great time being with the family and we always have a fun time together. I think of the phrase “When you get bucked off the horse, you jump right back on” and how we have to be able to apply this in every aspect of our lives. No, I didn’t get my brain injury getting bucked off a horse, but I must be able to jump right back into my life. Yes, I’m still in rehab and still in recovery but if we wait to start life when we are not recovering from anything physically or emotionally or not going through an internal rehabilitation of some kind, then you may be waiting a very long time. I know that God our Heavenly Father is so very mindful of you and of me. I’ve come to know that He does have a plan for each one of us and I’m so grateful for that.

Things are going great. Therapy is still going so awesome! I love to see the little progress I make each and every day. They are little steps but so incredible. I’m starting my online math class, we’re hoping, this upcoming Monday. I’m really excited to be able to see how well my mind can grasp the concepts in this math class. I’m also still working at my father’s vet clinic, which is another fantastic way to stimulate my mind. My mind continues to feel a little more awake all the time and that is a great feeling. 

Amy and the baby are doing really well. She was pretty sick last week, but things have turned around and she’s feeling better. 77 more days until baby Clay is due. I love feeling our little man move and it really motivates me to work as hard as I can to be ready mentally for when he comes to our home. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment