Friday, February 28, 2014

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace is a nickname our family friend, Julie Moore, gave me when we lived in Chicago. It was because I was always falling and getting hurt. Always. Somethings don't change

I was actually in the middle of setting up a surprise date night with Dallin. Literally, I was setting up a tent in the back yard. We were going to have s'mores and I looked up ghost stories. Clay would sleep out there with us. I had to keep going in and out the back door because I left the instructions inside. Well on my way out the door, my foot caught the ledge and I landed on my out stretched arm. Immediately I knew something bad happened while laying on the ground. I just had a feeling it was broken. Clay was asleep luckily and not in my arms. I called my mom and she encouraged me to go in. I was in pain, but still in too much shock to feel the real effect of my injury. I was mostly crying about the ruined date. I called Heidi, my cousin who lives down the street, to come get Clay. She offered to drive me to the hospital, but for some reason I thought I could do it fine on my own. Dallin wasn't answering so I called Megan and asked her to tell Dallin. I was supposed to watch Tucker that evening. 

It was a painful drive to the hospital. I couldn't move my arm at all. Walking into the ER my arm was dangling below my knee it was in so much pain. By the time they took me back my whole body was hunched in pain. Not fun. Very swollen. Dallin made it and was so good the whole time.

X-rays came back and they wanted to do more. This second time around the x-rays hurt WAY worse. Scream out in pain worse. It was evident. I had fractured my radial head. (AKA: elbow break)



Dallin knew what would cheer me up. For the first few days I couldn't pick Clay up, change his diaper, or do much at all. Kenny and Janalee came over right away to help with Clay. Conner and Megara brought over Twizl Berry, a frozen yogurt place we love. We are so lucky to have such good friends. 

Now that time has gone by I can see so many reasons why this happened and how it was truly a blessing in disguise.

1 comment: